Friday, October 27, 2006

Too Long

So it has been much longer than I had hoped since I’ve been able to update you. Funny it takes me this long and yet not too much has happened this week. Just the usual homework and making dinner and whatnot. Actually my mom and Aunt got back into town this week after being in good ole Idaho for the past two weeks. I’m always so jealous when they get to go there and I don’t – it’s been way to long since I’ve been there. Anyway, since they got back in town we’ve been able to go over 2 nights to hang out. We made the traditional family food – sushi! (we definitely cheat though and do not use raw fish) It has been great to get together because not only did I get to see my mom and Aunt but also my niece and nephew. Now I may be a teeny tiny bit biased, but these two kiddos are some of the cutest I’ve seen. Oh and the smartest 1 and 2 yr olds ever! =) Seriously though, I’ve discovered that after I go about a week or two without seeing them I really start to miss them. About a month or two ago, I didn’t see them for almost 3 weeks and pretty much started tearing up when I saw some other kids (that I am not even related to!) just because I missed them so much. And that is just for my niece and nephew – I can’t imagine what it will be like when I’m a mom!



So in other news, Neile and I are leaving in about 20 minutes to go to MN for the weekend. We’ll be staying with one of my good friends and her family and I can’t wait. I think this is actually the first time Neile and I have gotten away together since we’ve been married and we are both very excited for the break.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a fabulous trip! Thanks for updating before you left. :)

Anonymous said...

I am jealous you get to see your neice and nephew so often! My nephew Marcus was born in April and I've only seen him once - at my wedding!! sniff, but at least I get adorable picture updates.

I have to say it is harder to update the blog when nothing happens than when something does happen.

10lees

Nicole said...

Yes I am a lucky girl to spend so much time with my niece and nephew! Hopefully you'll be able to see your nephew a little more often 10.

And Ellen...the trip was fabulous =)