Saturday, October 14, 2006

Challenge


September 25th marked the date for “we made it 6 months”. (Although I‘m not so sure I would put it quite like that) Really though…we have had our share of disagreements in this time and definitely some adjustments on both of our parts, but if anything had come up in the first 6-months that could make anyone call it quits…that just seems a little absurd to be.

It is hard to imagine that it has been just over 6 months. No it has not been long and unbearable…but I feel as though we have grown so much more than 6 mere months would allow. It really is just wild how we, as people, are actually given the capacity to stretch ourselves and grow. This includes other things in life than just marriage of course. The whole idea of selling ourselves short on our ability to grow has been on my mind longer than I can remember (yes I am a bit of a nerd and yes I do just daydream about things like this). Like when I was at camp over a year ago (I cannot believe it was that long ago) it seemed like the theme of my year there was challenge. Challenging others and self to think and act in different ways. Of course this challenge was all intended to help one grow spiritually and relationally as well as to encourage reflection, which unfortunately is so easily missed in our busy lives. I suppose that is one of the reasons I have started this blog. More than anything, I am frustrated that in the midst of my doing I have forgotten what it is like to really sit down and reflect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely one of my favorite things about my blog, aside from having a place to write about the silly and mundane day-to-day stuff, is having a space to reflect and consider things. I find that writing makes me really stop and flesh out thoughts. I'm so excited that you've started blogging and look forward to hearing about what's going on in that head of yours. :)

Nicole said...

Yes it has been great to get me thinking about some things more....but it is hard just beginning because so many thoughts are rushing to come out. It's as if my little brain is saying "Freedom!" Now to just figure out how to give myself time....