Friday, October 13, 2006

Power Outage and Cell Phones

So we had a power outage where I work. I know, I know, what else could go wrong after being hit by a plague and then a flood now darkness?!?! This of course means a whole lot of people were sitting around in the dark wondering “what am I supposed to do now?” I would venture to guess that where I work is not much different from the majority of other offices in the sense that our ability to get things done is almost entirely dependent on electricity of some sort. I mean my phone didn’t even work because it’s cordless!

I’m always ranting about people’s over-reliance on cell phones – I really don’t like the idea of being available at all times, but I do have to acknowledge that if I were to lose my cell phone I would be devastated because I have no back-up for most of the numbers in it……Lord please don’t let me lose my cell phone! I used to tease N all of the time about his need to Always. Be. Available. I mean really, is anyone that important? Okay so maybe some people are, but WHO would actually want to be that important? I am definitely not one of those people. =) Side note: friends and family, feel free to keep calling me ---I really do enjoy talking to you (I just don’t always enjoy the means in which that happens).

Oh yeah, in an attempt to be completely honest I should mention how when the power went off and I found myself wandering aimlessly in the pitch black basement without a flashlight…you better believe I was wishing for my cell phone. No I wouldn’t have called anyone, but I definitely would have opened that little baby up and wha la, let there be light! My legs would have benefited from the unnecessary table bashing.

No comments: