Monday, October 30, 2006

Pukey and Pukey

Yes, folks, Neile and I have been home all day with some sort of something. Our theory is that it is food poisoning, but we are not sure where it is from and are a little confused that it has lasted so long. Ughhhh. I hate being sick because you can’t do anything. Yea! We don’t have to go to work, but when it drains all of our energy just to walk to the other room…well, I would rather be at work feeling good. Meanwhile I have a paper due tomorrow and I haven’t even finished the reading so I can write it! AND neither of us has been able to eat all day. I did manage to get a half piece of toast down this morning which made its appearance once again this afternoon and the most recent attempt was about a half a cup of applesauce. Mmmm yummy, well, if food appeals to you and all.

In other news…no not gonna write that paper just yet. We had a fabulous weekend. Perfect weather and good company – what more could a girl ask for? We kinda joked about how much I had needed to just get away from our everyday life, but it really was needed I think. I mentioned before that we stayed with a good friend of mine, but I may not have mentioned that she has 3 kiddos (4, 2, and 8 months). They definitely keep you on your toes – I joked with Neile that this could be good birth control for him…somehow it doesn’t work that way for me. =) They took us to the Lite Rail (not sure about spelling) and we went to a waterfall, Gameworks (I was the ultimate hunter out of all 4 of us!!! I’m awesome hee hee hee), to downtown Minneapolis, and of course to a dinner at the Spaghetti factory. Fun times all around and I think some needed time for my friends as well as Neile and I.

2 comments:

dr gonzo said...

did you have any... spinach!!!???? dun dun dunnnnn...

Nicole said...

ha ha ha...no spinach..but that definitely made me laugh out loud. Stayed home today as well...uggh. At least I was able to eat a little bit more =)