Thursday, October 19, 2006

Best Christmas Gift Ever!

I know, I know, it is only October. Basically what it comes down to is – I need your help to figure out the best Christmas gift ever. Here’s the deal…every year at Neile’s job a Christmas gift is given to everyone on staff (yea! Spouses get it too!). In years past the gifts have ranged from fleece jackets, Chaco sandals, to last year’s theme of “whatever you want for under $100”. They were pretty sneaky last year with that one. I think they had everyone do a “survey” of sorts. It had questions like “If you had $1000 what would you buy”. Just so you know, last year Neile wanted to take me out to dinner somewhere really nice, so we got dinner gift cards to some nice restaurants.

This year is different. Basically we all have the opportunity to submit ideas (under $100) for the gift. If our idea is chosen we win a video iPod and everyone receives the gift that we submitted. Soo exciting! Except I cannot think of anything and the deadline is drawing near. It is hard because there are a couple married people at Neile’s work and so many of the cool things I can think of seem a little dumb when you think about owning two. So yes I am desperate and I am asking you friends, family, people of the internet---HELP ME!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to think of something that would be universally appreciated, but am totally drawing a blank. So, in other words, I'm no help at all...except maybe as a form of validation that the best Christmas present ever is not an easy thing to come up with. :)

Nicole said...

No kidding. I thought, maybe some nice leather slippers, or a miniature handheld TV, or even a nice fleece jacket again (I think most of the people from that gift are no longer there - a few years back). Mostly though it is just for people in their 20s and 30s so that narrows it down a bit as well as people that are generally active. Who knows though?!?!

dr gonzo said...

yeah, wracking my brain here, but i'm lousy at thinking about gifts anyways... the only "cool" gift i can think of is a nano.

on the same token, if you check out my blog, our "new dog" was quite a surprise and is very neat indeed. :o)