Thursday, November 16, 2006

Down time at last

Yes, it has been a long while since I wrote last. I’ve been working away at a research paper for my class and haven’t had any real down time. In fact, when I do get it I don’t even know what to do with myself. Well, the paper is done (mostly) and Neile is out with the guys and I find myself with a little down time. First on my list is blogging ‘check’. Next, read a chapter from my book for class, followed by a little reading from a book I just ordered – “Natural Birth Control made simple”. I know it sounds a little odd, but I find that kind of stuff pretty fascinating. Yes, I will probably read more than a chapter of the new book and really the class book is just so I can rationalize having fun reading time – which I have missed so much. Now if only I’ll be able to make the most of this down time and not just pass out on the couch out of shear exhaustion.

On an entirely unrelated note…anyone have any good recipes for pheasant. Yes, I have a bloody pheasant currently in my fridge awaiting the joys of being cooked up into...well something and hopefully something good. Neile got to try his hand at hunting for the first time and lucky us got to keep the one bird that was shot. Perhaps the first thing I should ask is if anyone has advice on getting that thing cleaned…including all of the buckshot?

Oh yes, and if anyone cries easily and wants to shed a few tears…well, I came across this blog with a woman telling the story of the day she gave birth. Funny, emotional, and a little scary all at the same time.

Oh and in case you were wondering based on the book I am looking forward to reading and my reading of a baby blog….no we are not pregnant and no we are not planning on being so for a least a little while longer. Although, I am more than excited for that day!

So many random thoughts…is it obvious that I haven’t had much people interaction in the past week???

No comments: