Friday, May 04, 2007

I'm not going to miss certain things about this place...

Overheard as I am picking up my cap and gown:

In an overly whiny/I want to be the center of attention voice, “How come some are blue and some are black?”

I look at the student and simply say, “masters” as I walk off with my black cap and gown. (No I was not snobby about this at all, but I was the only one there with said black gown so I had to say something)

Holy Moly! I have a cap and gown and a tassel thingy--again. AND I get to wear a nifty hood…no idea what color though. Will find out soon, as in TOMORROW!!! Woot.

*****************
You know what I learned today? When you graduate with a M.A. degree you don't do the whole move tassel from left to right like undergrad. Interesting...and I was given absolutely no explanation for this so that was the extent of my learning. Oh well, I am about to graduate, who said anything about continuing education?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole,
Uncle Ron and I are so proud of you getting your Master's Degree. We are in awe of you doing it because I guess I just had this picture of someone much older and probably a man getting THAT degree. Also I always heard how very long and hard it was to achieve. So we take our hat off to you and are so happy to know you. Of course we are happy to know you even if you never attended a day of school in your entire life.. Of course this your mother's sister saying this or AKA... Aunt Sally

Nicole said...

Yea! Relatives commenting on my blog. Thanks so much for being excited with me. It really is just surreal that I am actually done...what to do with myself now?!?! The celebration was a great time though!